Drupal Open Source Development - Level 4 - Themeing
This 35 hour intensive course focuses on Themeing.
- Better understanding of HTML elements
- CSS syntax
- CSS specificity/selectors
- CSS techniques: styling list
- CSS techniques: image replacement
- CSS Positioning & Layouts
- Advanced CSS techniques and workflow
- Working with browser tools
- Explaining theme engine
- Getting Comfortable with theming
- Styling the theme with CSS
- Styling a Drupal theme with CSS
- Working with Starter themes
- Cross-browser testing
In this 35 hour intensive course you will cover all the basics of starting out in Drupal.
- Drupal.org introduction to navigating the site.
- Forum etiquette, how to get help.
- Understanding Drupal architecture
- Setting up your environment
- Code editing
- Image handling
- FTP setup
- Setting up your browser(s)
- Introduction to databases
- Hosting requirements
- MySQL basics/phpMyAdmin
- Using Versioning
- Installing Drupal
- Folder structure
- Installing Drupal Profile
- Differences between Core Drupal and installation profiles
- Determining client needs
- Information Architechture (IA)
- Basic CMS configuration
- Path Settings
- Creating basic content
- Finding & installing modules
- WYSIWYG editors
- Managing User Accounts
By the end of this basic course you will be able to install and configure a Drupal website on your host and configure the basic settings on the site.
The fundamentals you will learn will be put to good use in the more advanced levels of the course.