Freelance Developer | One Earth Designs
One Earth Designs is an international non-profit and social enterprise that empowers people to change the course of global environmental degradation by improving their own living conditions through the adoption of cleaner and more convenient technologies.
We are seeking a Freelance Drupal Developer to assist us in the transition of our company's website from our existing hand-coded HTML/CSS to a Drupal theme that will be easy to update/upgrade in the future.
SCOPE OF WORK
* Work with the design staff to select an existing Drupal 7 theme and modify it to match the look and feel of our existing website design
* Create a site for which updates/upgrades in the future will be painless while allowing us some flexibility to make changes to the design
* Write basic documentation of the update/upgrade process
The project will run for approximately two weeks, starting August 13, 2011
You will work remotely with the project manager, Sloan Kulper (see profile at http://www.oneearthdesigns.org/teamabout.html) We're nerds who can code, just not Drupal ;)
* Experience designing and building many Drupal 6 and 7 sites
* Able to provide several strong client referrals for work within the last year
* Ability to teleconference over the phone / Skype as needed
* English Fluency
* Personal interest in the social mission of our organization
* Mandarin Chinese Fluency
* Prior experience working with non-profits / social businesses
* You and your company reside in the US, Canada or Hong Kong
* You are an independent freelancer or small business owner
HOW TO APPLY
Send us a message including the following:
1) Describe your prior experience designing and building Drupal 6 /7 sites, along with a CV/resume and referrals
2) Review our existing site design. Suggest one or more Drupal 7 themes that are relatively similar in structure.
3) Provide a rough estimate of the time you would require and the process you would use to make the transition to one of the themes from 2)
4) Answer the following question: What are some of the health problems our organization is trying to address through its work?