Drupal in a Day!
Get a solid introduction to Drupal 7 in one day. Learn about the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands on activities. By the end of this day you will be familiar with Drupal terminology and be able to identify how Drupal sites are constructed. You will know how to identify and choose modules to get the functionality you need.
This course serves as a prerequisite to Acquia's Drupal for Site Builders course.
An understanding of a Content Management System is helpful. Experience using and building websites using systems such as Wordpress, Joomla!, or HTML and CSS.
Because this class will be an overview and not an in-depth course, it is perfect for people who are on the fence about using Drupal or who are looking for a hands-on introduction.
- Configure and set up a basic Drupal site.
- Select, install and configure modules and themes from Drupal.org
- Create content and configure content types, Create listings of content.
- Manage user roles and accounts.
- Manage aliases and URL paths.
- Create blocks and place them in the layout
- Part 1: Understand fundamental Drupal concepts
- Part 2: Getting Started with Drupal
- Part 3: Modules: extending Drupal functionality
Drupal Overview: Hands-on tour
Together, we’ll navigate through the core functionality in Drupal for content management, and peek at the advanced configurations possible to customize Drupal for you.
- Part 1. Creating content on your site, adding nodes
- Part 2. Finding and managing content
- Part 3: Organize your content with taxonomy
- Part 4: URLs and Paths to content
- Part 5: Comments
- Part 6: Users, roles and permissions
Drupal Essentials: Content, navigation and layout
We’ll touch on content management, navigation and beginning layout of content. We’ll do hands‐on activities to see the most essential Drupal features and modules in action for you.
- Part 1: Control where content appears with Regions and Blocks
- Part 2: Navigation and the menu system
- Part 3: Control how your site looks with Themes
There are many useful modules to enhance and improve the functionality in Drupal to suit your own case. We will look at advanced content management and control; user registration and management; SEO and site search with ApacheSolr.
- Part 1: Create a custom content type
- Part 2: Create a view block of that content
- Part 3: Place that block on the page
- Part 4: Create a role for who can create and edit that content
- Part 5: Improve find-ability and Configure Search
What is provided:
Students will need to use their own computers, with an up to date web browser.
How to Register:
Fill out the Course Sign Up form and we will be in touch within 1-2 business days.